วันจันทร์ที่ 25 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2551

For my new Iranian friend

I am afraid that you are not able to understand many messages I convey in my blog here. I am so glad that you live in the same building and contact me about Persepolis.

For those of you who read my blog, I have just got a new Iranian friend. She saw the minibook of Persepolis in Thai version (The whole set will be launched on September 11) and email me....finally we met. She had my Music CD, the animation DVD and the English version book and I hope her enjoy this graphic novels, persian music and animation.

Ok then the rest is for my new friend and other Iranian or whoever can read English and wish to know more about Iran and Persepolis related information. On the right column, scrolling down and you would see a long list of website related to Iran and Persepolis.....whatever you want to know.....Culture, Politics, History, US Lesson Plan using Persepolis which I really impress, a new way to promote tourism by setting up a rule for women visitors only.....where women can ride bicycle (Iranian women are not allowed to ride a bicycle!). However, it surprises me a lot that vice president of Iran is a woman. There are many angles to look at what happened in Iran. If a guy talk badly to a woman, he might be in jail or punished.

In some of my Thai articles, you may click the purple link to see the original in English. The last ten blocks I have written is related to Iran and Persepolis. There are some which its original are in Thai. However, it is worth mentioned here. It is an article by a Thai nun who devotes her life for children and woman just like Ebadi, the Iranian Noble Peace Prize winner. Both great women met both in Thailand and in Iran. They discussed about how to help on the crisis in the south of Thailand. They believe that learning about each other would help the children to understand their muslim and buddhist friends. Once people understand and accept the difference, we can then solve problem and live together peacefully. The article also mentioned about "Islam Revolution in the World Women's thought" in Tehran on March 10. In a way the strict codes protect women from extreme materialism.

I just hope that start reading this book, Persepolis, would show another angle on the problem and be an inspiration for others to fight (in life with strong mind not using weapons), to get up again after falling down, and to find solutions for any encountering problems.

This book, Persepolis, has a big impact to me. I share many in common with Marjane Satrapi (well, not about the suicide and drugs). I hope that people who are much different from those around them would finally find a nice place for themselves somewhere.....We don't have to do exactly like Marji or like my Iranian friends by living the country. We just choose our own social life and contact only people we can communicate.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: